Easy Healthy Granola Bar Recipe To Get Your Snack OnAugust 15 2017
When our work leaves us bound to our desk at all times with limited or no options of venturing out until the end of the day, we rely mostly on healthy packed meals and snacks.
Coming up with a snack recipe is a sink or swim kind of a situation. Our body needs a snack that has about 5 – 10 healthy ingredients in it, and it will not take us all day slaving in the kitchen to make a snack that would be kid friendly – allergy and mess wise.
A homemade no-bake Granola Bar has just 5 ingredients and takes no time from preparation to serving. It is absolutely healthy and jam packed with nutritious ingredients such as Dates, which are a super food and a natural sweetener. Almonds, which are high in healthy fats, loaded with antioxidants, protein, and fiber! Almonds also help lower cholesterol and reduce hunger which leaves you eating less.
There is no baking in this recipe, although you have a choice of toasting the oats. You can use a different nut-based butter such like sunflower or almond. For more variety, you can add dried fruits & other nuts. Make sure that your honey and peanut butter are at room temperature. You may even heat if you like.
- 2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup of pitted dates
- ½ cup roasted unsalted almonds – chopped
- 1 cup salted peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- Place the dates in a food processor and blend them until a dough like consistency
- In a large bowl, mix the dates, almonds, and oats, then pour in the honey and peanut butter.
- Place the mixture in a deep baking Press it down firmly until flattened.
- Cover with cling wrap and leave to firm up in the fridge for about 20 minutes. Remove and cut into even bars. Refrigerate in an airtight container.