Healthy Life

7 Energy-Boosting Foods That’ll Perk You Up Better Than a Cup of Coffee

December 13 2018

With constant technological pings, a heavy workload, an ambitious workout schedule, and a busy social calendar, it’s no wonder you’re always tired and tempted to hit the snooze button every. single. morning. You’re not alone. Aiming for eight hours of shuteye is a great start to tame the tiredness, of course, but that’s not always...


Read more

What Your Food Cravings Are Really Trying to Tell You

December 11 2018

Food cravings can really pack a wallop. A desire for red meat may come on so strong that you veer off the highway in search of a burger joint. Or perhaps all you can think about is a homemade brownie. But it turns out these impulses are sometimes more than simple urges—they can also offer intel about what your body...


Read more

Recipe of the Week: Mexican Bowl with Turmeric Fish and Spicy Mango Salsa

December 7 2018

This hearty and healthy bowl is full of delicious, nutrient-rich ingredients like white fish fillets, turmeric, black beans, fresh mango and crisp kale leaves. Image credit: Jeremy Simons   INGREDIENTS 1 mango, cheeks removed, flesh chopped 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves, to serve 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 2 long fresh red chillies, deseeded,...


Read more

6 Foolproof Ways To Lose Weight After 40

November 30 2018

While 40 may feel like the new 30, there’s one truth about reaching the fourth decade of your life that’s a bit of a buzzkill: It becomes far more challenging to maintain a flat belly. As we age, we lose muscle mass, which causes our metabolism to slow. And as a result, it becomes harder to ward...


Read more

Is Your Eyelid Twitching? Here are the Reasons for It

November 29 2018

  Have you heard about myokymia before? Probably not. But there’s a huge possibility that you have already encountered it at least once in the past. Outside of the medical community, myokymia is referred to as eyelid twitching, which is a very common phenomenon. Most of the time, eyelid twitching happens for just a few...


Read more

Signs You Need to Sleep More

November 28 2018

  Everybody knows the sheer importance of getting enough rejuvenating sleep — experts recommend 7 to 9 hours of it nightly. Despite of this, many of us are guilty of prioritising other things (responding to work e-mails, checking out social media, playing video games, etc.) over getting a good night’s sleep. Not so sure whether...


Read more

9 Reasons Why You Feel Lightheaded—And When To Be Concerned

November 12 2018

Here’s what your lightheadedness could say about your health. Ever fainted? It’s terrifying, but 90% of people who have passed out are absolutely fine, says epidemiologist  Venkatesh Thiruganasambandamoorthy. As for the other 10%, an underlying health condition, like an abnormal heart rhythm, is to blame, and that could mean potentially serious health concerns down the road....


Read more

6 Great Workouts to Try If You Have Diabetes

November 8 2018

  Get this: Just 39 percent of adults with diabetes get regular exercise, compared to 58 percent of adults without diabetes, according to a study. If you don’t fall into that 39 percent, you’re missing out on a tremendous opportunity to manage your condition. Regular exercise can help you keep your weight and blood sugar...


Read more

7 Incredible Health Benefits of Walking 30 Minutes A Day

November 1 2018

You’ll be amazed at the benefits from this quick and easy routine. Taking a 30-minute walk a day is kind of like that proverbial apple: There’s a good chance it’ll keep the doctor away. From helping you lose weight and de-stress to lowering your blood pressure and reducing your risk of many chronic diseases-going for...


Read more

5 Simple Things To Keep Type 2 Diabetes In Check

October 19 2018

Type 2 diabetes is it produces no symptoms during its early stages. Even if there are a few symptoms present, they are so vague that they can be easily associated with other maladies. The problem is this: type 2 diabetes becomes harder to manage the longer it is left undiagnosed. Commonly occurs in people over...


Read more