Recipe of the Week: Baked Honey Garlic Salmon in FoilSeptember 24 2017
A baked salmon fillet coated in honey mustard garlic and broiled to a flaky finish? Who’s in? Dinner perfection in just 25 minutes, you’re going to love this recipe!
This delicious seafood dinner is both tangy, sweet and good for your heart!
- 1 pound (450g) side of salmon
- 1/2 cup (125ml) honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed through a garlic press
- 1/2 cup whole-grain Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced, for garnish
- Position a rack in the middle of your oven. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil to fold over and seal to create a packet.
- In a bowl, combine honey, mustard, lemon juice, oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, Cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking sheet. Pour the honey mustard mixture over the salmon, and spread evenly over the fish. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the sauce does not leak.
- Bake until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness. Carefully open the foil, and broil under a broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top of salmon. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately with lemon slices. Enjoy!
Original recipe by Eatwell 101