Yummy and Healthy Sunday Recipe: Baked Tandoori ChickenOctober 1 2017
Your Sunday dinner will be a hit with this juicy, moist and flavorful chicken!
A combination of healthy and delicious Indian flavors you can enjoy right in your home. And did we mention a delightful tandoori sauce? Yum!
- 2 whole chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs), or its equivalent, skinless, bone-in
- 1 Greek yogurt (8oz – 250g)
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon tandoori masala spice mix
- 1 coffee spoon garam masala
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Collect lime juice in a large bowl. Add Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper. Stir in spices, ginger, garlic and olive oil.
- Coat chicken with this mixture, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-hour (minimum).
- Preheat oven at 460°F (240°C). Transfer chicken pieces to a baking dish or oven-proof skillet and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Turn on the broiler, and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes to char the chicken a little bit more if you want. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Notes: Serve with white rice or naan/flatbread. You can substitute basil or mint for cilantro.
Original recipe by Eatwell101.