Yummy And Healthy Sunday Recipe: Herbed Chicken MeatballsOctober 15 2017
This is such an easy and quick dinner to make that you can have it on the table in 30 minutes!
You don’t have to serve these with pasta, you can serve with mashed potato, polenta or even brown rice.
This recipe took a shortcut by using pasta sauce from a jar, however, you can make your own with canned tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs.
Serve with a small side salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
- 500g chicken mince, lean
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried herbs
- 2 tsp. fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 jar bottled pasta sauce (we used Paul Newman’s)
- 1 slice multigrain bread, processed into crumbs
- 300g dried spaghetti
- Cooking spray
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken mince in a large mixing bowl.Â Season with salt and pepper then add garlic, Dijon mustard, parsley, herbs, cheese, and mix.
- Place your slice of bread in a processor and blend until consistency of bread crumbs then add to chicken mixture.
- With your hands, mix until all combined and roll into meatballs.
- Heat a non-stick frypan, spray with a little cooking spray and cook chicken for 5 mins on med heat, turn over and cook the other side. Then add the pasta sauce and simmer with the lid on for 10 mins. Turn meatballs around in sauce halfway through simmering.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to the boil and cook pasta. Drain and divide onto plates.
- When meatballs are cooked serve with pasta.
Recipe sourced from weightloss.com.au