Yummy And Healthy Sunday Recipe : Vegetarian Indian PilafNovember 19 2017
This recipe has around 300 calories, so makes a great lunch or light dinner when you want an easy meal to make. Leftovers can be microwaved the next day.
Servings: 4 | Serving size: 386g
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g diced sweet potato (or pumpkin)
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into tiny florets
- 2-3 garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, crushed
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup long grain or basmati rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- Pinch cinnamon
- Heat a fry pan which has a lid. Add olive oil and onion and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Heat your stock.
- Add dried rice to your pan stirring for 1 or 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, season with salt and pepper. Add in your spices now, stirring and do not burn. Add the stock and cauliflower and sweet potato. Cover with lid on low heat and simmer for about 15-20 until liquid has absorbed. Add peas and tomato; continue to cook a couple more minutes. Squeeze a touch of fresh lemon over.
- Option to serve with raita which is yoghurt mixed with cucumber and mint.
Use any vegetables you like.
This recipe is low sodium, low sugar, low fat.
Recipe was developed by Sharrelle Haywood courtesy of weightloss.com.au