Yummy And Healthy Sunday Recipe : Grilled Seafood PlatterDecember 10 2017
Luxe up your dinner party with this seafood platter rather than the usual antipasto.
0:30 Prep | 0:10 Cook | 6 Servings | Capable cooks
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 4 blue swimmer crabs, halved, claws cracked
- 4 lobster tails or small whole lobsters, halved, cleaned
- 24 scampi, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 32 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 350g clams (vongole)
- 12 scallops in the half shell
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200ml whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 small lime, zest grated, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
Combine the oil, garlic, basil, lemon juice and zest in a bowl, then season. Brush the marinade over the seafood.
Heat a barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Cook the crab and lobster for 2 minutes, then add the scampi and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the prawns and clams, and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the scallops. When the clams open and the prawns and scallops are opaque, transfer all seafood to a platter. Serve with parsley, avocado and seafood sauces.
To make the avocado cream: Pulse ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To make the seafood sauce: Whisk the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper.
This seafood platter is not for the dainty. Make sure you have finger bowls spread over the table and plenty of napkins. Invest in a seafood cracker (it can double as a nut cracker) so you can get to every sweet and juicy morsel.
Recipe by Valli Little (Food director – delicious) for Taste.com.au