Yummy & Healthy Sunday Recipe: Smokey Baked ChickenMarch 11 2018
What a great dinner to make any time of the day. The flavours of smokey paprika make this chicken dish delicious. This recipe is low fat, low sugar and high protein.
Servings: 2 | Serving size: 540g
- 1 large chicken breast, no skin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ red capsicum, chopped
- 1/3 cup long grain rice
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, diced or crushed
- 1 tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A squeeze of lemon to taste
- Sprinkle of oregano
- Cracked pepper
- In a fry pan heat olive oil and sauté onion and capsicum until softened about 5-8 minutes. Turn down heat and add rice, stock, garlic, oregano, sprinkle a little smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper, stir a little. Add canned kidney beans over; sprinkle half the fajita seasoning mix.
- Cut your chicken in half and place on top of kidney beans, squeeze a little fresh lemon over. Sprinkle remaining fajita seasoning, oregano and cracked pepper. Place crushed tomatoes on top of chicken then remaining paprika.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat about 20-30 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.