Yummy & Healthy Sunday Recipe: Baked Snapper with Lemon, Garlic and ChilliApril 8 2018
Buying a whole fish is often more economical than buying the fillet. It also makes it a cinch to prep! Ask your fishmonger or supermarket counter to clean and scale a snapper for you, then throw it on a baking tray, add some simple flavours and you’ve got one tasty, nourishing meal in under 30 minutes.
- 1 small fresh snapper (around 700g)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves (skin on, to save time)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay over the fish.
- Using a sharp knife, score the fish on both sides.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Lay over the lemon slices and sprinkle the chilli over the fish.
- Arrange garlic cloves around the fish.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your fish. Once cooked, the flesh will be opaque and flake easily with a fork.
- Once cooked, squeeze out the cooked garlic cloves from their skins over the fish. Serve with rocket leaves and dress with any remaining lemon juice.
Recipe from The Fit Foodie.