Are you active enough?October 23 2014
More than half of Australian adults are not active enough. Are you?
Physical activity is any activity that gets your body moving, makes your breathing become quicker and your heart beating faster. What are the benefits?
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce the risk of, or help to manage, type 2 diabetes
- Maintain and/or improve blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels
- Reduce your risk of, and assist with rehabilitation from, some cancers
- Help prevent unhealthy weight gain and assist with weight loss
- Build strong muscles and bones
- Create opportunities for socialising and meeting new people
- Help prevent and manage mental health problems
- Help you develop and maintain overall physical and mental well-being
Do you know how much activity your body requires to stay fit and healthy?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists & Personal Trainers are now operating from The Cottage Medical Centre’s new Health & Fitness Room. Let them show you how a personalised exercise & lifestyle program can help you achieve your fitness goals, for a fitter, healthier you!
For more information regarding Personal Training or Fitness Studio Memberships, phone reception on 03 5241 6129 or email infocottagehealth.com.au.
For further information on an active way to better health, visit liftforlife.com.au.