Yummy And Healthy Sunday Recipe : Sticky Beef and Bean Stir-FryOctober 29 2017
This fast, low-fat stir-fry features lean beef mince cooked in sweet pineapple juice and oyster sauce for rich umami flavour.
0:05 Prep | 0:15 Cook | 4 Servings | Easy
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Thai Stir-in Seasoning
- 250ml (1 cup) pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 350g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 long fresh red chillies, thinly sliced
- Steamed rice, to serve (optional)
Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Cook garlic for 1-2 minutes, until lightly golden. Transfer to a plate. Set aside. Add beef. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, until browned.
Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add pineapple juice, oyster sauce, and sugar. Simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the liquid reduces and the mixture is dark golden and sticky.
Add the beans and cook, stirring often, for 1-2 minutes, until tender-crisp. Stir through the coriander and mint. Sprinkle with chilli and garlic. Serve with rice, if you like.
Swap out beans for other green veggies you need to use up. Chopped zucchini or frozen peas would also work well.
Orignal recipe by Kerrie Ray for Taste Magazine